- This event has passed.
Carers Society Otago Meetings
An event every month that begins at 12:00am on day 21 of the month, repeating indefinitely
Carers Society Otago welcomes you to 2019
One in Five New Zealanders will become a carer at some point in their life.
Carers frequently suffer stress, depression and injuries and often overlook their own health needs because of their role as a carer.
If you care for someone with a disability, chronic illness, mental health or addiction issues then Carers’ Society Otago is here for you.
We have two community workers who will listen to you in confidence. They can help you to explore:
- Ideas for managing daily routines
- Information on available services
- An opportunity to explore options
- Someone to advocate for your needs
- Mutual support from other carers
Carers’ Society has an office and Carers’ Lounge based in Community House. Here you can take time out for yourself and browse through the extensive collection of books in the Jenny Clegg Library.
Carers Meetings are held regularly during the year.
- The Walking Group is meeting on 26th February at 10.00am
- We will meet at the Chinese Garden Tea Room for a refreshing drink and walk around the gardens. Please note there is an admission charge.
Young Carers – We meet on February 21
Dunedin Carers – first meeting of the year is March 14
For more information Contact Susan or Jackie on 471 6204