- This event has passed.
Tackling Our Climate Emergency Head-On
March 14 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Do you want to do your bit to combat climate change?
Want to be prepared for the Zero Carbon Act?
You are invited to a public meeting to hear about emissions-reduction planning and implementation for Dunedin from an excellent line-up of speakers.
The meeting takes place on Thursday the 14th of March from 7pm to 9pm at Castle One Lecture Theatre on the Otago University Campus.
· SITUATION AND CHALLENGE: world GHG trends, the remaining
global carbon “budget”, NZ’s breakdown of GHG emissions and necessary
trajectory – Assoc. Prof. Emeritus Bob Lloyd, Climate Consultant
· DUNEDIN’S ENERGY PROFILE and opportunities to make us more
sustainable, including co-benefits – Assoc. Prof. Janet Stephenson ,
Director, Centre for Sustainability
· WHAT WE CAN DO AS A CITY: Dunedin’s emissions footprint, and
the development of city-wide actions to reduce this; the DCC’s
organisational footprint and ambition – Marian Ioannou and Jessie Wu,
Corporate Policy team, Dunedin City Council
· WHAT YOU CAN DO AS AN INDIVIDUAL: ways to measure, monitor and
manage personal and household energy and carbon footprint to reduce
emissions – Austin Hansell, Enviro-Mark Solutions
· WHAT YOU CAN DO AS A BUSINESS: how to profile and monitor your
carbon footprint, the gains that are being made and their importance for
the likes of fund access, risk and liability and carbon credits – Dr
Ann Smith, Enviro-Mark Solutions
· Q AND A: where to from here?